Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 40858 times
Kansar or lapsi as popularly know is a Gujarati sweet dish made during auspicious occasions with simple ingredients like broken wheat, ghee and sugar. If you wish you can add chopped almonds to enhance it and make it richer and add a crunch. Here's the traditional recipe made in a pressure cooker.
- Combine the broken wheat and oil in a deep steel vessel and mix.
- Add water and mix well.
- Put ghee in the centre and cover with a lid.
- Keep this vessel in the pressure cooker and cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Remove the vessel from the pressure cooker and stir well with one end of a rolling pin.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar and ghee before serving.
This recipe was contributed by shona_ on 31 Aug 2016
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.