Kanjeevaram Idli Recipe
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 6822 times
Kanjeevaram idli is a south indian idli specialty with an irrestible blend of cumin, peppercorns, curry leaves and grated coconut. The soft and spicy idlis taste superb and are also easy to prepare at home with this simple recipe.
- Clean, wash and soak the urad dal and rice together in enough water for at least 4 hours.
- Soak the chana dal separately in enough water for 4 hours.
- Combine the urad dal and rice in a mixer to a coarse paste using enough water.
- Cover and keep aside to ferment in a warm place for at least 6 to 8 hours.
- Add the curds, cashewnuts, green chillies, coconut, ginger, pepper powder, curry leaves, ghee, salt and the soaked chana dal and mix well.
- Spoon the batter into greased idli moulds and steam for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make more idlis.
- Serve hot with chutney.
This recipe was contributed by sairam0203 on 23 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.