Added to 14 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10653 times
Kanjeevaram idli, a south indian idli specialty with an irrestible blend of cumin, peppercorns, curry leaves and grated coconut. The soft and spicy kancheevaram idlis taste superb and are also easy to prepare at home with this simple recipe.
- Clean, wash and soak the rice and dal in enough water for 2 to 3 hours.
- Drain and blend in a mixer into a coarse batter.
- Cover and keep aside to ferment for 8 to 10 hours.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the remaining ingredients and saute for 20 seconds.
- Add this to the batter and mix well.
- Pour spoonful of batter into greased idli moulds and steam in an idli steamer for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve hot with cocunut chutney.
This recipe was contributed by brsekhar on 26 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.