Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4480 times
Kandi pachadi is a spicy accompaniment to any rice and lentil dish or simply relished with parathas as side dish. The curry leaves are ground into a fine paste and the enjoyed as pachadi with tempering of lentils, mustard seeds, chillies and hing.
- Put the toovar dal in a microwave safe bowl and micriwave at 70% for 3 minutes, stirring after every 30 seconds.
- Cool and blend in a mixer along with salt, cumin seeds and dry red chillies into a coarse paste.
- Put the oil in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Add the mustard seeds, red chillies, curry leaves and asafoetida and microwave on high for another 1 minute.
- Pour the tempering over the chutney paste.
- Serve with hot rice,tomato rasam and ghee.
This recipe was contributed by usharamchanderrao on 26 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.