Kand Chilla, Kand Chila
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4249 times
Chila is a fabulous snack, which has withstood the test of time. Normally made with a batter of besan or moong dal, these thin pancakes have a very homely and satisfying taste.
Chilas can also be made of grated purple yam, as in this recipe. Although it uses only basic ingredients, the Kand Chila tastes awesome when had right off the tava with tongue-tickling green chutney.
Some people like to replace the salt with sendha namak and have this Kand Chila on fasting days , as it tastes good and gives enough energy too.
If you love chilas, you must also try our other recipes like Stuffed Moong Dal Chilas and Nutritious Chilas .
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 2 equal portions.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), grease it with little ghee, put one portion of the mixture and spread it evenly using wet fingers.
- Cover it with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, turn it over and cook on the other side till golden brown in colour.
- Serve immediately with green chutney.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per chilla
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.