by Tarla Dalal
This recipe has been viewed 1017 times
Age-old wisdom passed down the ages, Kambu Sadham is a healthy main course recipe of South India. Many a grandparent claims it to be the secret of their good health!
Indeed, a substitute for rice, the Kambu Sadham is healthy and tasty too. It is a good alternative to white rice, especially for diabetic people.
It can be served with Sambhar or any gravy for that matter. The important thing is to serve it immediately because it becomes lumpy when cold.
Have a go at other bajra recipes like Bajra Khichu with Masala Dahi or Bajra and Moong Dal Khichdi .
- Heat a broad non-stick pan, add the bajra and dry roast on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Wash and soak it in enough water in a deep bowl for 20 minutes.
- Drain well and blend it in a mixer till coarse without adding any water.
- Combine the coarse bajra, 2 cups of water and salt in a pressure cooker and pressure cook it for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.