Kalmi Vada ( Chaat)
Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12168 times
Kalmi vada are the deep fried gram flour based crispies with a tangy and spicy curd and mint leaves filling. Serve the kalmi vadas crispy hot with chutney or ketchup.
- Soak the chana dal and cummin seeds with enough water for 30 minutes.
- Add chopped green chill, coriander leaves, mint leaves, ginger-garlic paste, onions and slat to taste to the dal mixture.
- Mix well and keep aside.
- Drain water from the curd with the help of muslin cloth.
- Add chopped onions, chaat masala, coriander leaves, mint leaves, gram masala, green chilli, and salt to taste.
- Mix the vada mixture and the filling well.
- Take small portions and roll into croquettes.
- Deep fry in hot oil till golden brown.
- Serve hot with chutney or tomato ketchup
This recipe was contributed by seju08 on 16 Mar 2015
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.