Kale and Tomato Flatbread
by Anu Nagaraja
This recipe has been viewed 3971 times
A wholewheat flat-bread with added nutritional value of kale and tomatoes.
Add your private note
Kale and Tomato Flatbread recipe - How to make Kale and Tomato Flatbread
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 16 pieces
- Firstly, cook the kale leaves in boiling water for 6-8 minutes, then drain and cool.
- Make a paste of the cooked kale adding just small amount of water. Keep aside.
- Chop the tomatoes roughly and grind into a paste in the same mixer grinder jar. Keep aside
- In a large bowl, take the flour, add salt to taste and mix it in well using your hand
- Then add pureed tomatoes and kale, curds, turmeric powder, green chili paste,grated ginger
- Mix everything well and form a soft but smooth dough. You may not need any additional water at all since the pureed vegetables contain moisture so does the natural yogurt
- Keep it covered and rest it for 20 minutes
- To prepare rotis, take a small portion of the dough about a small lemon size, roll it between your palms to smooth-en it
- Flatten it to make a small patty and dip in some additional flour
- Place it on the work surface, flatten it using a rolling pin to about 6"-7" diameter, not too thick nor too thin
- Now place this on a heated skillet. Cook on medium heat until you note bubbles forming over it
- Flip it over. Cook by pressing gently with a flat ladle all over to ensure even cooking
- Now apply 1/2 tsp of oil on the surface of the roti. Flip and cook by pressing gently all round
- Apply oil again on this other surface, flip, press and cook until dark brownish spots appear all round
- Transfer to a paper towel or straight onto the serving plate
- Enjoy kale and tomato roti with any gravy side dish
This recipe was contributed by Anu Nagaraja on 16 Nov 2014
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.