This recipe has been viewed 26252 times
Kale chine to be served with puris or Parathas is a spicy chickpea or koala chana preparation with chine cooked with chopped onions, tomatoes, chillies and masala. The kale chine with puris make a deadly combination. Kale chine can also be served with methi Parathas or kuliches.
- Soak chana overnight in 2 cups water.
- Add salt and pressure cook on high heat for 5 minutes.
- Lower the heat and continue to cook for another 7 minutes.
- Remove from fire and when cool, put the chana in a bowl.
- Reheat the same pressure cooker and add cumin seeds and lightly roast it.
- Add coriander powder and turmeric powder and stir well.
- Add the onion, tomatoe puree, ginger, garlic, chilie powder and the remaining water. pressure cook for 10 minutes.
- When cool open the cooker and again put it on fire and cook till almost dry.
- Add the boiled chana along with the water(in which it was boiled)and simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garam masala and half the chopped coriander leaves and cook till the gravy thickens.
- Garnish with sliced onions, green chilies and sliced tomatoes.
This recipe was contributed by sgambhir on 07 Jul 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.