Kala Channa Curry
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 90452 times
Kaala chana or black chickpeas are cooked in a tasty recipe, kaal chana curry. An indian spicy recipe of chickpeas cooked in a tasty onion based gravy. Relish with fried breads(poories) or rice.
- Pressure cook the chana in salted water for 4 to 5 whistles or till cooked.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the onions and saute till the paste turns golden brown.
- Add the tomatoes and ginger-garlic paste and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add all the masalas, mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the channa and enough water and salt, mix well and cover and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with parathas or rice.
This recipe was contributed by parikh_alpa on 26 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.