Kaju Pista Roll By meenal72
Added to 14 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5015 times
Kaju pista roll is a traditional Indian dessert recipe prepared from mawa, castor sugar and powdered kaju (cashew) and pistachios. Find simple and tasty dessert recipes at tarladalal.com
- Make the pista barfi as specified in the recipe before in advance and keep.
- Divide into two equal parts and shape each portion into a cylindrical roll of 100 mm. (4") length and 6 mm. (1/4") thickness. keep aside.
- Make the cashew barfi as specified in the recipe.
- Divide into 2 equal parts. roll out each portion with the help of a greased rolling pin on a sheet of plastic to rectangle of 100 mm. x 75 mm. (4" x 3") and 3 mm. (1/8") thickness.
- Place one portion of the pistachio roll on one side of the cashewnut rectangle.
- Roll out tightly starting from the end where the pistachio roll is placed and seal the edges completely.
- Gently press the roll till it is about 175 mm. (7") length.
- Roll this onto 2 silver leaves so it coats the kaju pista roll completely.
- Cut into 7 pieces of 25 mm. (1") each.
- Repeat for the remaining ingredients to make 1 more roll.
This recipe was contributed by meenal72 on 18 Oct 2000
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.