Kaju Pista Patra
This recipe has been viewed 1241 times
A sweet version of traditional gujrati farsaan.
Add your private note
Kaju Pista Patra recipe - How to make Kaju Pista Patra
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 serving
- Divide the Khoya into 2 portions.
- Mix one portion of the Khoya with Cashew powder and stir over a slow flame adding little sugar syrup and continue to stir till the mixture thickens and is able to form into a roll without sticking to the surface.
- Add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Repeat the process with Pistachio powder.
- On a flat and smooth surface, roll out Pistachio mix with the help of a rolling pin
- Roll out the cashew Mixture also in the same shape with the help of a rolling pin.
- Place the Cashew pancake over the pista pancake and gently press both together running a rolling pin over it if necessary.
- Gently start to fold over both the pancakes into a tight roll sealing both sides.
- Roll in a varkh (silver food sheet) and firmly press chopped nuts onto the roll and allow to cool for 45 mins to 1 ½ hrs.
- Wet a knife and cut into rolls and place horizontally onto a dish for Serving
This recipe was contributed by sbhatter05 on 08 Oct 2014I like cooking very much
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.