Kaju Mysore Pak
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 245 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 39235 times
Delicate honeycombs of cashewnuts, a true delicacy that simply melts in the mouth. Making this requires your full attention.
- In a bowl, combine the cashewnuts, flour, ghee and cardamom powder and mix well. Keep aside.
- In another pan, combine the sugar with 1/3 cup of water and bring to a boil. Simmer till the syrup is of 1 string consistency.
- Add the cashewnuts and flour mixture and mix well, over a slow flame, stiring in one direction.
- Pour the hot ghee , a little at a time from a height so that it trickles in a thin stream into the cashewnut mixture. Keep stirring with a ladle in a clockwise direction, adding larger quantities of the ghee towards the end.
- When the mysore pak expands and some ghee separates, sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of cold water on the pak. If it is ready, the mysore pak will sizzle indicating that it is ready to be poured out.
- Pour the mixture into a tray or a thali approximately 100 mm. (4") in diameter. The sides of the thali should be at least 50 mm. (2") high.
- Cut into pieces when hot and allow it to set a little. Then, crack a small hole on one side and drain out all the excess ghee. Approximately 2 to 2 1/2 cups will get drained out.
- Store in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.