Kaju Katli ( Mithai)
Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 44124 times
Learn how to prepare the Indian traditional dessert favorite, kaju katli at home.A sinful indulgence, kaju katli is made from cashewnuts, sugar,khoya, ghee and cardamom powder. The silver topped and diamond shaped kaju katlis are one of the special sweets which are relished on festivals.
- Drain and grind cashews to a fine paste.
- Use as little water as possible.
- In a heavy suacepan put sugar and paste.
- Cook on slow to medium heat.
- Cook stirring continuously till a soft lump is formed.
- Add ghee and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Spread on a clean greased worksurface.
- Roll lightly with a rolling pin, to 1/8" thickness.
- Apply silver foil.
- Cool, cut into diamond shaped katlis.
This recipe was contributed by shitalparande on 10 Feb 2015
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.