Added to 54 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3347 times
Learn how to prepare the Indian traditional dessert favorite, kaju katlee at home.A sinful indulgence, kaju katli is made from cashewnuts, sugar,khoya, ghee and cardamom powder. The silver topped and diamond shaped kaju katlis are one of the special sweets which are relished on festivals.
- Blend together cashews and milk very finely, in a blender.
- Put the paste in a kadhai, add sugar and cook over low flame. stir till the sugar dissolves and then bring to a boil.
- Continue stirring over medium flame, till mixture collects together and becomes dough-like.
- Remove from flame, cool enough a hit, roll on to a greased surface, with a greased rolling pin to 1/4cm thickness.
- Cover with silver foil and cool.
- Cut into diamond shaped pieces.
This recipe was contributed by deepsakshi on 28 Aug 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.