by Radha Hoizal
This recipe has been viewed 1000 times
Chikki are usually high up in the air during sankranti season.We usually make til and groundnut chikki.Let us try kaju chikki this uttarayan.
- Take a non stick pan and roast kaju and keep aside to cool.
- After it cools crush it using a rolling pin.
- Grease a plate on the backside with ghee and grease rolling pin with ghee and keep aside.
- Heat 1 tsp ghee in the same non stick pan and add sugar.
- Cook till sugar melts on a medium flame.
- Off the flame and add the semi crushed kaju and mix well.
- Pour on the greased plate and using the rolling pin roll out the chikki.
- Now cut the chikki in to square pieces and allow to cool completely.
- After it cools only you will be able to break at the cut marks made.
- Cool and store in an air tight container.
This recipe was contributed by Radha Hoizal on 22 Jan 2016Me an avid vegetarian.Born in Gujarath(Ahmedabad)to an orthodox kannada brahmin couple.Now settled i...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.