Kaju Barfi By ranjana
Added to 17 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5499 times
Quick and easy kaju burfi recipe at tarladalal.com. The burfi is cooked with condensed milk, sugar and crushed Cashewnuts or kaju. A special dessert for festivals and parties.
- Grind the cashews very fine till it forms into a lump.
- Grease a tray with 1/4 tsp oil or ghee and keep aside.
- Mix water and sugar in a thick bottom pan.
- Cook on medium low heat till the syrup gives one string consistency.
- Add ground cashews.
- Take off from heat and mix throughly till a soft lump forms and doesn't stick to the pan.
- Transfer immediately to the greased tray and flatten it with the help of a greased rolling pin untill it reaches the thickness of 5 mm.
- Let it cool for 5 min.
- Cut into small squares or diamond shaped pcs.
- Store in a dry airtight box.
- Stays fresh for about a week at room temp.
This recipe was contributed by ranjana on 26 Nov 2000
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.