by Rehana Khambaty
This recipe has been viewed 3981 times
A delightful cashewnut dessert.
- Heat 2 tbsp ghee in a pan, add the semolina and saute till the semolina turns pink in colour. Keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp ghee in a pan, add the cashewnuts and raisins and fry till they turn golden brown.
- Add the semolina, coconut, sugar, cashewnuts, raisins and cardamoms and mix well. Keep aside.
- Add enough water to the plain flour, mix well and knead into a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into small equal portions and shape them into small puris.
- At the centre of each puri , put 1 tbsp of the filling, fold to form semi circular cakes and press the edges well to seal; well.
- Cut uneven edges to make a neat curve.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep fry till they turn golden brown and crisp from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside to cool.
- These can be stored for 15 days.
This recipe was contributed by Rehana Khambaty on 30 Jul 2012Basically I am a food lover and also love to try out new recipes. I have won many contests in India ...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.