Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 2224 times
Use very small and sour raw mangoes for this sambhar.
if u find the mangoes are not very sour, u can add a tbsp. of tamrind extract.
if u like a little sweet, u can also add little jaggery at the end.
- In 2 cups of water add the mangoes, salt and turmeric and bring to a boil and cook till the mangoes are soft.
- Once the mangoes are soft, add the cooked tuvar dal, sambhar powder and boil for 3 - 4 mins.
- Heat oil in another pan, add the mustard seeds, methi seeds, hing, red chilli and curry leaves and when they splutter pour it over the sambhar.
- Sprinke chopped fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with rice and ghee.
This recipe was contributed by vsucharitha on 09 Apr 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.