Kairi Chi Kadhi
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7525 times
Come summer, you will feel like making this Kairi chi Kadhi at least once a week because it is so tasty and in sync with the season! A tongue-tickling paste of coconut and raw mango forms the base for this kadhi, which is perked up with an aromatic, traditional tempering. Since raw mango is very sour, a little jaggery is used to balance the flavour. Enjoy this kadhi hot with your favourite Hariyali Matki Khichdi or plain Rice ( Cooked Rice)
- Combine the mangoes and ¼ cup of water in a microwave safe bowl, mix well and micorwave on high for 3 minutes. Keep aside.
- Combine the coconut, green chillies, coriander and ginger in a mixer and blend till smooth using 4 tbsp of water.
- Add the mango-water mixture and blend in a mixer to a corse mixture. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves, asafoetida and turmeric powder and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the coconut-mango paste, 1 cup of water, salt, coriander powder and jaggery, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||118.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||6.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||3.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.