This recipe has been viewed 7019 times
Kadhi pakoda is lip smacking punjabi recipe of preparing besan or gram flour based fried dumplings in curd based thick and tangy gravy. The kadhi pakoda is amazing when served with steamed rice and roasted papad.
- Combine all the ingredients along with water and mix well to make a thick batter.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, put spoonful of batter and deep fry till they turn golden brown and crisp from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Combine the curds, besan, turmeric, 500 ml water and salt in a deep pan and whisk well.
- Boil on a medium flame for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a small pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and chilli powder and saute for 3 seconds.
- Pour this tempering in the kadhi and mix well.
- Soak the pakodas in warm water and add to the kadhi.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by vinodsharma on 26 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.