Kadhai Paneer ( Punjabi Khana )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 158 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 82304 times
The kadai is one of the most commonly used cooking utensils in indian kitchens. It is mainly used for deep-frying and may be called india's version of the chinese wok. Delicious subzis can be prepared in a kadai and this gives the dish a distinct feel. As a result subzis that are prepared in this manner adopt the word kadai in their name. Thus originates the dish kadai paneer is a semi-dry dish that makes use of whole red chillies making it a treat for all your senses. Capsicum adds just the right amount of crunch while the kasuri methi bestows its wonderful fragrance upon this creation. Serve this dish in a miniature kadai with some hot coal underneath to give it the authentic kadai-fresh look!
- Heat the oil in a deep non- stick kadhai and fry the paneer cubes for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Put in warm water for 15 minutes. Drain again and keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a kadhai, add the coriander seeds and sauté for half a minute.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and sauté for another minute.
- Add the tomatoes and sauté with ¼ cup of water for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add more ¼ cup of water and cook on a medium flame for another 6 to 7 minutes or till the oil separates from the gravy, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the chilli powder, cream and dried fenugreek leaves and salt and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the paneer, cardamom powder, punjabi garam masala and sugar and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||770.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||-0.5 mg|
|Vitamin B2||-0.5 mg|
|Vitamin B3||-0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||19.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||18 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.