Kaddu Ka Bharta ( Swadisht Subzian)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 77 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 35099 times
Bharta is a slightly mushy vegetable-based dish that tastes heavenly when had with steaming hot rice, or Indian breads too. While you might have surely tasted the famous Baingan Bharta, here is something new for you to try. A delicious bharta made of juicy red pumpkins! The mild sweetness of the pumpkins is beautifully balanced by a mixture of seeds and spice powders, especially the tangy dry mango powder. Serve the Kaddu ka Bharta fresh off the stove, garnished with peppy coriander.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker and add the cumin seeds, fennel seeds, nigella seeds and fenugreek seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and sauté till they turn translucent.
- Add the pumpkin, asafoetida, turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt with ½ cup of water and pressure cook for 2 to 3 whistles so that the pumpkin becomes mushy.
- Add the amchur and salt and mix well. Simmer till the oil separates from the pumpkin.
- Serve hot, garnished with the coriander.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.