Kadai Paneer ( Rotis and Subzis)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 1392 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 80801 times
Here is one popular recipe that is there on almost every indian restaurant’s menu, all over the world! deep-fried paneer in tomato-based gravy, you can opt to make this mild or spicy as per your taste. However, try not to omit the capsicum and kasuri methi, because their sharp flavours complement the paneer very well.
- Combine the red chillies and coriander seeds and dry roast on a hot non-stick tava (griddle), for 30 seconds
- Remove and keep aside to cool.
- Blend in a mixer to a fine powder and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the prepared red chilli-coriander seeds powder and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for another 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 10 to 12 minutes or till the oil separates, while stirring occasionally.
- Mash it a little using a potato masher.
- Add the tomato purée, dried fenugreek leaves, garam masala, salt and approx. 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the paneer pieces a few at a time, till they turn light brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on absorbent paper and place in lukewarm water for 10 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for approx. 3 to 4 minutes or till they turn translucent.
- Add the kadhai gravy, coriander-cumin seeds powder, chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and dried fenugreek leaves and sauté on a medium flame for another minute.
- Add the capsicum and 1 cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring once in between.
- Add the paneer, salt and sugar, mix well and cook on a slow flame for another 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cream and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||891.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||-0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B2||-0.5 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0 mg|
|Vitamin C||42.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||36.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.