Kachori By paulachand
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 3501 times
The crispy and crunchy kachori is a fried poorie or Indian fried bread recipe with an array of spices as filling. Enjoy the kachori as snack with chutney or pickle. The kachori can also be enjoyed with curd, imli chutney and red chilli powder as topping.
- Soak dal overnight.
- Semi grind the dal with as much less water as possible.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a non stick pan. put the hing.
- Now add the ginger & green chillies paste. when the oil separates , put the semi grind dal and keep stirring to make sure it does not stick at the bottom.
- Now add salt, red chilli powder, pepper powder. mix well.
- Keep stirring till the dal begins to form like a dough.
- Let cool.
- Make a soft dough with maida, salt and 6 tbsp of oil.
- Make small balls
- Flatten each ball, put the stuffing.
- Roll them like lightly, slightly thicker than puris with oil.
- Deep fry the kachoris
This recipe was contributed by paulachand on 07 Nov 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.