Kachori By Pearlie
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 5737 times
Kachori is deep fried crunchy and spicy puffed bread recipe with the maida dough filled up with a spicy moong dhal based mixture and then deep fried. Relish as evening snack with chutney or pickle.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, mix well and knead into a soft dough.
- Cover with a wet muslin cloth and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onions, green chillies, mint , coriander leaves and curry leaves and saute till the onions turn golden brown.
- Add the cumin seeds and fennel seeds and saute till they crackle.
- Add the mashed dal, garam masala, mango powder, turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt and saute till the mixture becomes dry.
- Remove and keep aside to cool.
- Roll out each portion of the dough into a circle of 4" diameter.
- Place a tbsp of filling in between and seal the edges like a kachori.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep fry the kachoris till they turn golden brown and crisp.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by pearlie on 23 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.