Kachchi Haldi ka Aachar
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 45142 times
Haldi ie Turmeric has lot of medicinal benefits. This Pickle uses very little oil and uses the phrase 'Health bhi Taste bhi' to its fullest.
- Wash the haldi roots and keep it for drying.
- Peel off the skin from haldi and cut it into small julienne strips.
- Now in a pan dry roast the mustard seeds, fennel seeds and Fenugreek Seeds for 2-3 minutes and after roasting, coarsely grind the mixture.
- Now in a bowl mix the haldi with this mixture. Add salt as per your taste. Preferably around 30 gm.
- In another pan take some oil and make a tempering using mustard seeds and asafoeitda.
- Add the tempering to the bowl and mix well and add the lemon juice to the mixture.
- Keep this mix in a container for 2-3 days.
- After 2-3 days your Haldi ka Achar is ready to eat.
This recipe was contributed by Apurva_G on 02 May 2013
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.