by sweetsmartspicy chef
This recipe has been viewed 6080 times
Kachalu refers to big size arbi.It is used in making vegetable as well pickle made with kachalu is awesome in taste.It has shelf life of just 2-3 weeks.
- Boil kachalu on medium flame for 6-8 minutes.Turn off the gas and when all pressure escapes take them out.
- Cool, peel and cut them into medium size pieces.
- Take mustard oil in a pan and let it get heated completely. Turn off the gas and the oil get cool down a bit.
- Now on a slow flame add carom seeds, kalonji, fenugreek seeds in the oil and saute for a few seconds.
- Also add kachalu pieces, asafoetida, turmeric powder, chilli powder, mustard powder and salt, mix well.
- Stir for two minutes and then turn off the gas.
- When pickle cools down add vinegar and mix well.
- It gets ready in three days.
- Stir the pickle daily with a clean and washed spoon before taking out as all spices and oil settles at the bottom of the container and upper layer remains dry.This increases the shelf life of the pickle.
This recipe was contributed by sweetsmartspicy chef on 03 May 2013
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.