Kabuli Chana in Punjabi Dhaba Style
by Foodie #615711
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9473 times
Just had it on the way to Vaishnodevi , which made me force to make it at home... Observed a taste n made it by heart.:)
Add your private note
Kabuli Chana in Punjabi Dhaba Style recipe - How to make Kabuli Chana in Punjabi Dhaba Style
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 6 to 7 servings
- Soak the kabuli chana in water for 5 to 6 hrs, then drain a water n boil it with a fresh water for 1 hr on medium flame. Add salt, bay leaves, cinnamon to the boiling water.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai, add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions, garlic and ginger and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and mix well for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the cream and mix well for another 3 minutes or till the gravy turns creamy and thick.
- Add all the masalas and add spices one by one except salt and stir continuously for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Cream will leave a oil and separate the mixture.
- Remove form the flame, mash the chanas and out back on the flame.
- Add the tempering to the chana, mix well and boil for another 15 minutes.
- Add the tamarind paste and stir continuously.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #615711 on 08 Aug 2014
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.