5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 111282 times
The north indian bean recipe, kabuli chana imparts a nice tangy twist to the traditional spicy chana dal recipe. The chick peas or kabuli chana is boiled and then simmered in a spicy rich curry of onion, tomatoes and ginger garlic paste. Serve hot with steamed rice.
- Clean, wash and soak the kabuli chana in enough water for 8 to 10 hours.
- Add the salt and pressure cook for 5 to 6 whistles or till cooked.
- Heat a pan, add the cumin seeds and roast till they turn golden brown.
- Add the coriander powder and turmeric powder and saute for 10 seconds.
- Add the onions, tomato puree, ginger, garlic, chilli powder and the remaining water, mix well and pressure cook for 10 minutes.
- Open the lid and simmer till the mixture becomes dry.
- Add the cooked chana along with the preserved water and simmer for 7 minutes.
- Add the garam masala and half the chopped coriander, mix well and cook till the gravy thickens.
- Garnish with sliced onions, green chilies and sliced tomatoes.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by shachi_rana on 23 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.