Kabuli By rupa_13
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 1414 times
Kabuli is a tempting preparation of kabuli chana (chickpeas) cooked in a delectable onion-ginger-garlic based masala. Serve kabuli garnished with onion rings and lemon wedges with naan or kulcha.
- 1. wash & soak rice for half hour
- 2. pressure cook chana dal with enough water, salt & little turmeric. it should not be fully done.
- 3. heat oil in a saucepan , crackle jeera , add cinnamon, cloves, bay leaves & stir till it gives aroma.
- 4. add onions & cook till pink
- 5. add soaked rice & water. also add salt & let it boil. cover & cook till half the water evaporates.
- 6. now add the cooked chana dal & curds, mix with a light hand & add red chilli pwd.
- 7. cover & cook till done. garnish with mint & coriander leaves & serve hot with fresh beaten curds.
This recipe was contributed by rupa_13 on 27 Oct 2000
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.