Kabuli By munot_sweta
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2805 times
Any kind of raitas go well with this recipe
- 1> soak the rice for 1 hour and then boil in salt water along with peas,bayleaves,cinnamon stick and cardamoms.boil till the rice is almost done but dont overcook them.
- 2> peel the potatoes and slice them into fingers.
- Slice the onions.
- Seperate the cauliflower into florets.
- Cut the pavs into medium size pieces.slice the tomatoes.
- 3> deep fry the potatoes,onions,cauliflower and the pavs till slight brown colour and keep aside.
- 4> soak the raisins in lukewarm water for 10 min ,strain and keep aside.
- 5> disslove saffron in luke warm milk and keep aside.
- 6>take the curd and add red chilli powder,turmeric powder,coriander powder,salt and citric acid.
- 7>heat the 2 tbsp of ghee in a pan and add cumin seeds.then add ginger garlic paste and 1/2 the qty. of cashew pices and fry for 1/2 min and then add the curd mixture.fry for 2 min on a high flame and then add the water.bring it to a boil add garam masala followed by the fried vegetables and pavs,slices tomatoes and 1/2 the qty. of raisins.mix it
- 8> now take a handi or any broad vessel and add little ghee and little quatitiy of milk.then put one layer of rice followed by a layer of masala and then agn followed by a layer of rice.add coriander leaves.repeat the above procedure so that u get alternate layers of rice and masala.garnish with lots of coriander leaves and remaininf cashew nuts a
- 9>cover the vessel with a lid and then cover with aluminium foil and bake in the pre heated oven for 10 min at 250 degree celcius or in a micro wave at high for 4 min.
- Your kabuli is now ready
This recipe was contributed by munot_sweta on 22 Feb 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.