Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7053 times
Kaara vadai is a deep fried vada recipe with urad dal and raw rice ground together into coarse paste and then dropped into hot oil. Serve hot with chutney.
- Clean, wash and soak the rice and urad dhal in enough water for 2 hours.
- Drain and blend the rice and urad dal in a mixer along with salt till smooth.
- Mix, cover and keep aside to ferment for 12 hours.
- Add the red chilli powder, hing, curry leaves and little water and mix well to make a smooth batter of pouring consistency.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a small pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, pour this to the batter and mix well.
- Just before making, add the fruit salt and mix thoroughly.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and drop a tbsp of batter and deep fry the vadas till they turn golden brown and crisp.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and serve hot with any chutney.
This recipe was contributed by chitvish on 23 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.