Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3979 times
You can use vegetables like brinjals, capsicums, ladies finger, drumsticks instead of potatoes.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp oil in a pan and, add the red chillies, garlic, pepper, cumin seeds and coriander seeds and saute till the coriander seeds turn golden brown.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside to cool.
- Blend in a mixer along with water to a smooth paste.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, methi seeds and curry leaves.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and saute till the onions turn golden brown.
- Add the tomatoes, potatoes and salt, mix well and cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the tamarind juice and the ground paste along with 1 cup water, mix well and cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice.
This recipe was contributed by sai.dpk on 23 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.