Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 1835 times
Discover the joy of preparing sweet delicacy, rice specialty and vegetable recipes at tarladalal.com. Share your favorite recipe online and win accolades.
Add your private note
Jyothi recipe - How to make Jyothi
Preparation Time: 30mts Cooking Time: 45mts Total Time:
- Grind the red chilies and cashewnuts to a fine paste.
- To the mutton apply the ginger - garlic paste and beaten curd. set aside.
- Heat 4 tablespoons ghee and fry the red chili masala.
- Add the marinated mutton, ¼ of the fried onion, one teaspoon garam masala and salt to taste.
- Keep frying till ghee separates.
- Add 1½ cups warm water. pressure cook till tender.
- Heat dekchi, add 1 tbsp ghee and fry the sabut masala.
- Add the rice and fry a little. add the green chilies and salt to taste.
- Add enough warm water. cook till rice is done, remove and spread on a thali, discarding the whole masala.
- Mix together the chopped kothmir, pudina, garam masala and fried onion.
- Set aside.
- Take a heavy bottlomed dekchi and line it with ghee.
- Spread a layer of rice and cover it with half of the mutton. sprinkle half of the pudina / kothmir mixture and juice of 1 lime.
- Cover with rice, followed by a mutton layer. finish with a rice layer.
- Sprinkle the rice with saffron milk and dot with ghee.
- Cover tightly and place over a griddle for dum for 20 minutes. serve hot, garnished with eggs cut into halves.
This recipe was contributed by jyothiv on 18 May 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.