Jowar Porridge ( Baby and Toddler)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Jowar Porridge ( Baby and Toddler) in Hindi)
Added to 19 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 26237 times
This wholesome and satiating porridge is made with jowar flour, which is good for your baby now that she is growing rapidly with an ever-increasing appetite too.
With ample nutrients, including iron, fibre and protein too, this porridge will keep her satisfied for a couple of hours. You can flavour this Jowar Porridge with jaggery or with dates.
- Combine the dates and 2 tbsp of warm water in a bowl and keep aside to soak for 10 minutes.
- Blend it in a mixer till smooth without draining the water. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the jowar flour and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the dates purée and ¾ cup of water, mix well using a whisk and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Serve lukewarm.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cup
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.