Jowar Onion Puris
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 94 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 35655 times
Onions and sesame seeds add flavour to the otherwise bland Jowar flour used in these baked puris. At just 8 calories per puri, you can enjoy them without guilt! Make the puris in advance and keep them ready for those sudden hunger pangs.
Spicy Pudina Khakhras and Methi Crispies are also very handy to keep hunger pangs at bay.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl, mix well and knead into a firm dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 30 equal portions.
- Grease your palms using ¼ tsp of oil, roll each portion of the dough in between your palms into a 38 mm. (1½") diameter circle, using very little jowar flour for rolling.
- Grease a baking tray using, ¼ tsp of oil, place 15 puris evenly over it and prick all over the puris evenly using a fork.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 20 minutes or till the puris are golden brown and crisp, turning them once after 10 minutes.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 to bake one more batch of 15 puris.
- Cool and store in an air-tight container. These will stay fresh for 3 to 4 days.
Nutrient values per mini puri
|Energy|| 8 kcal|
|Protein|| 0.2 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 1.3 gm|
|Fat|| 0.2 gm|
|Fibre|| 0.1 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.