Added to 20 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 31293 times
Jowar is one of the most healthy cereals and this innovative jowar idli recipe brings forth the goodness of jowar in a popular idli recipe. The jowar flour based steamed idlis are enjoyed hot with coconut chutney.
- Clean, wash and soak the urad dal, jowar and methi seeds in enough water for 8 to 10 hours.
- Blend in a mixer till smooth and cover and keep aside to ferment for 8 to 10 hours.
- Add the salt to the batter and mix well.
- Pour spoonful of batter into greased idli moulds and steam in an idli steamer for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve hot idlis with coconut chatni and hot sambar.
This recipe was contributed by anushintre on 23 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.