Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12704 times
Delicious jodhpuri style kofta made with kand, beetroot, potatoes and spices into kofta balls. Serve with ketchup or chutney.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the kand and deep fry till they turn golden brown. Drain and keep aside.
- In the same oil, add the beetroot and deep fry till they turn golden brown and crisp. Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Cool and blend the kand and beetroot in a mixer till smooth.
- Transfer in a pan, add the ginger-green chilli paste and spring onions and mix well.
- For the tempering, heat 1 tsp oil in a small pan and add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds and asafoetida.
- When the seeds crackle, pour this tempering over the kand mixture, add the salt and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into equal balls and shape them into small round balls.
- Combine the besan, salt, chilli powder and cumin seeds powder along with enough water to make a thick batter.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, dip the balls in batter and deep fry till they turn golden brown.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup or pudina chutney.
This recipe was contributed by loveeena on 23 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.