Jhatpat Waffle (100 Calorie Snacks)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 73 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 32987 times
Suggested serving size for 100 calories: 2 pieces
i’ve given the humble idli-dosa batter a twist. Carrots, coriander and green chillies add oodles of flavour and fibre, making this the yummiest waffle ever!
- Wash and soak the rice and urad dal in lukewarm water for 2 to 3 hours.
- Drain, wash and blend in a mixer to a smooth thick paste, using enough water.
- Cover and keep aside to ferment overnight.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Pre-heat a waffle iron and lightly grease it using oil.
- Pour 1/3 of the batter evenly over the greased waffle iron.
- Close the lid and cook on high for 2 to 3 minutes or till the waffle turns crisp and golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 2 more waffles.
- Cut each waffle into 4 pieces and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per piece
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.