Jhatpat Vermiceli Kheer
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25964 times
Vermicelli kheer is a creative kheer(sweetened milk) recipe with vermicelli or seviyaan added to the milk during boiling. The roasted vermicelli are cooked with sugar, elaichi powder in the milk to prepare an awesome seviyan or vermicelli kheer. An unique sweet dish recipe to entice one and all.
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee in a pressure cooker, add the vermicelli and saute for 1 minute or till they turn golden brown in colour.
- Add 2 cups of milk and saffron, mix well and pressure cook for 5 minutes.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining ghee in a kadhai and add the cashewnuts and raisins and saute till they turn golden brown in colour. Keep aside.
- Add the condensed milk and sugar to the pressure cooked milk-vermicelli mixture, mix well and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the cardamon and camphor, mix well and remove from the flame.
- Add the cashewnuts and raisin and mix well.
- Serve hot or chilled garnished with kaju, kismis and saffron.
This recipe was contributed by divyasamvit on 23 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.