Jhatpat Nutty Kheer
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3746 times
Jatpat kheer is a quick recipe to prepare the sweetened rice based milk recipe. Also known as payasam, this rice kheer can even be prepared with semolina or vermicelli.
- Clean and wash the rice with enough water and transfer in a pressure cooker along with the milk.
- Pressure cook for 10 minutes and allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Add the malai and sugar, mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove form the flame, add the nuts and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Serve hot or chilled garnished with almonds.
This recipe was contributed by manishacook on 23 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.