Jhatpat Jowar Noodles
by Radha Hoizal
This recipe has been viewed 2430 times
This can be made in a jiffy as it does not consume much time. Jowar noodles made fresh in a stemer and mixed with veggies and a tempering of mustard seeds. A healthy Indian version of noodles.
- Mix all the ingredients and to a stiff dough using warm water.
- Grease sev press with oil and put the dough in it and make sev on a plate.
- Steam the sev for 5-7 minutes. It can be made in idli plates also.
- Allow to cool, then break to smaller pieces.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle add asafoetida, turmeric, cabbage, carrots and capsicum and sprinkle some water and cook for few minutes.
- Add salt, noodles masala and mix well.
- Add the steamed noodles and lemon juice. Mix gently.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Radha Hoizal on 26 Jan 2016Me an avid vegetarian.Born in Gujarath(Ahmedabad)to an orthodox kannada brahmin couple.Now settled i...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.