Jhat Pat Kalakand
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6167 times
Prepare the magical sweet delicacy, Kalakand with this easy and quick to prepare quick Kalakand recipe. The crumbled and mashed fresh chenna or cottage cheese is mixed together with sugar, milk powder, elaichi and flavoured with saffron to create the wonderful mithai, Kalakand. Serve soft and rich Kalakand to guests on festivals and gatherings.
- Hang the curds up in a muslin cloth till all the whey has dripped out.
- For small quantity of curds normally it takes 15-30 minutes.
- Put the drained curds into a blender with the paneer and sugar.
- Blend smooth and pour into a greased shallow dish.
- Sprinkle over the cardamom and nuts.
- Microwave at 100% power for 8 minutes.
- Stir once after 2 minutes. Stand 2-3 minutes.
- Cool and cut into desired shapes.
This recipe was contributed by gattu on 06 Aug 2015
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.