Added to 13 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3291 times
A cumin(jeera) flavoured dry potato vegetable preparation or potato subzi , jeerewale aloo is irrestible! try this spicy and mazedar aloo recipe to entice your family and guests.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, potatoes and salt, mix well and sauté on medium flame for two minutes.
- Add the garlic and green chillies, mix well and cover and cook on a slow flame for 10-15 minutes or till the potatoes are cooked.
- Sprinkle a little water to avoid burning.
- Add the coriander leaves and lemon juice, toss and mix well.
- Serve hot with rotis.
This recipe was contributed by anu_bunny on 23 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.