Jeera Rice By chandapappa
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4785 times
A delightful and versatile jeera rice recipe. The cumin seed flavoured jeera rice goes exceptionally well with a range of Indian vegetable and meat dishes. An easy and yet healthful chawal recipe, jeera rice is one of our favorites.
- Wash rice thoroughly and soak in water for half an hour. drain.
- In a pan, heat ghee. add the cumin seeds, bay leaf, cardamom and cinnamon.
- When cumin seeds crackle, add the rice. add salt to taste.
- Stir till ghee coats every grain of rice and it looks glossy.
- Add water. bring to a boil. stir once. reduce heat to minimum and cover the pan with a lid. leave a little gap, otherwise water will boil over.
- Rice will be done when holes appear on the surface and water has been completely absorbed.
- Fork the rice out onto a serving dish. this will separate each grain.
- Serve hot with any curry
This recipe was contributed by chandapappa on 02 Sep 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.