by Mathivanan Devadoss
This recipe has been viewed 4470 times
A nice, easy and spicy jeeraga rasam recipe with tamarind water, tomatoes, toor dal and jeera or cumin powder added. The tangy and spicy jeeraga rasam can be served hot with rice or enjoyed simply as a soup.
- Clean, wash and soak the toovar dal, cumin seeds, red chillies and coriander in enough water for 30 minutes.
- Blend in a mixer till smooth and keep aside.
- In a deep pan, add the tamarind water and bring to boil.
- Add the salt, turmeric powder and carom seeds and boil for 5 minutes.
- Add the grounded paste and 4 cups water and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice.
This recipe was contributed by Mathivanan Devadoss on 23 Sep 2011I am an Indian Chartered Accountant, living in Saudi Arabia working for a bank as AGM.
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.