Jeera Pepper Rasam ( Weight Loss After Pregnancy )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 36 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19824 times
Jeera-pepper rasam, some times common cold and feverishness after pregnancy call for a hot and spicy antidote – this jeera-pepper rasam is ideal to keep the sniffles away. I’ve restricted the ghee to 1 tsp, so enjoy this weight loss friendly dish plain or mixed with rice.
- Heat the ghee in a small non-stick pan, add all the ingredients and sauté on a slow flame for 4 to 5 minutes or till they release a pleasant aroma. Keep aside.
- Blend in a mixer to a fine powder. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the cumin seeds, red chillies and curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the tamarind water and salt, mix well and simmer for 7 to 8 minutes or till the raw smell of tamarind disappears.
- Add the prepared masala, mix well and simmer for another 2 minutes. Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 23 calories|
|Protein|| 0.4 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 1.1 gm|
|Fat|| 1.9 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.