by Rehana Khambaty
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3559 times
A delicious mithai made using rice and pineapple! Cinnamon, cardamom, dates , raisins and saffron add to the taste and flavour.
- Clean, wash and soak the rice in water, drain and boil in water for 35 minutes, adding half of the food colour.
- In another saucepan, put 250 ml water, sugar, cardamom seeds, saffron and the rest of the colour, mix well and boil until a syrup forms and the liquid has almost reduced to half its quantity.
- Add the pineapple and dates.
- Add the rice to the syrup and mix until all the syrup has been absorbed by the rice.
- In a separate pan, melt the butter, add the cinnamon, cardamom pods and raisins.
- Add all this to the rice and leave in a switched off hot oven for 20 mins.
- Decorate with the nuts and coconut.
- Serve as a starter with shop bought poppadams.
This recipe was contributed by Rehana Khambaty on 16 Mar 2017Basically I am a food lover and also love to try out new recipes. I have won many contests in India ...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.