Janthikalu ( Murukulu)
This recipe has been viewed 8818 times
An evening binge choice, the crispy deep fried janthikalu (murukulu) are every one's favorite snack item. Prepared from a dough comprising of chana and rice flour, the murukku is crunchy, spicy and a great accompaniment to evening tea or coffee.
- Combine the rice flour, besan, red chilli powder, carom seeds and salt in a bowl, mix well and knead into a soft and smooth dough, using sufficient water along with the butter.
- Press the dough into the moulded press.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, press the dough in small circular shapes, in the shape of murrukus and deep fry till they turn golden brown and crisp.
- Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Make more such murrukus using remaining dough.
- Cool and store in an air-tight container.
This recipe was contributed by bsharmi on 23 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.